Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Coltons in Glasgow

Colton's Steakhouse in Glasgow has been open a couple of months now and I have been there three times. I am not much for crowds and they are still very busy.

Food

So far I have had the 9 oz sirloin steak twice and the chicken fried steak once. Both were excellent. My 11 year old son loves the sir loin tips off the kid's menu and my wife said the salmon was OK - just a little under cooked.

My wife has also had a chicken pasta dish she said was cold and dry. The third time she had the Philly Cheese steak and the bottom bun was soggy.

The one time we brought the 17 year old and the 19 year old was OK. The nineteen year old had the shrimp - said it was good - ate it all. The seventeen year old had the 9 oz sir loin - cooked perfectly but he ordered a salad and we had to ask for it when they brought the food.

Side items;
Fries are good
Loaded baked potato good
Appetizer similar to potato skins very good

Two out of the three times the diet cola was flat. The ice tea was good all three times, I drink it plain with no sweetener.

The Coltons Seasoning is very good but the A-1 sauce is very runny. Do they water it?

Service

The first time the service was very good.

The second time it was OK.

The third time;

The three hosts who greeted us had no urgency.

Seems like under staffed, maybe college kids back to school?

Server was slow and inattentive to get to us and slower getting our order.

No sugar on table for coffee

Five of us only one person received drink refill, even though drinks were empty

Salad forgot

Had to ask for bread

Coffee old

No creamer brought for coffee

Check arrived in a crud covered wallet....I mean covered...maybe jelly?

No manager visible....there was a guy that might have been a manager having dinner with a woman and child

I usually give the benefit of the doubt to new restaurants but Coltons in Glasgow is getting worse as they go. I do see their parking lot full of cars so maybe we were unlucky the third time and caught them on a bad day.

I will try them again in a month or so - watch for the update.

No comments: