Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday in Glasgow

A rainy morning here in Glasgow, KY. When the sun comes out my lawn will grow 6 inches. After a warm afternoon I will be spending tomorrow morning on the mower. I can fertilize, winterize and do all the lawn care I want but Mother Nature is still the best gardener I know.

FYI- Houchens has Pepsi products on sale. Buy 4 12 packs of any flavor and another $15 in groceries and you get a 12 pack free. It works out to five 12 packs for $11 or 18 cents a can.

To get my $15 I bought a whole pork loin for $1.89 a pound (just over 10 lbs). I had them slice half for chops and left half for a pork roast.

Pork loins done on the outside grill are very good but if you can't use a whole pork loin - I believe their price was $2.39 for half a loin. But I might be off a little on that so double check the ad before you buy.

No comments: