Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Buckhead Cafe

I was on a HotTopix message board yesterday and read some out right lies about Buckhead Cafe. It's nice that a Bowling Green resident, Rick Kelley, spends a small fortune bringing a nice restaurant to Glasgow and some people feel the need to bash it and him and even his family.



If you feel the necessity to do such a thing at least step up and use your given name and provide a contact so the Kelley's can address your allegations. If you don't, then we will all take them for the lies I know they are. I don't know if the people doing it are competitors, former employees or just idiots. I take that back - the employee and competitor part I don't know - the idiot part I am certain.



I eat at the Buckhead Cafe in Glasgow regularly and it is very good. By the way I bet they use the same recipes, ingredients and procedures as the Bowling Green location. I eat there too and after a lifetime in the food business I know they are the same products.



In fact I ate lunch at the Glasow Buckhead Cafe yesterday and my hamburger was better than ever. I am not sure what they did but the charbroil flavor was the best I have tasted so far. I don't mean just at Buckhead I mean any where!



Well maybe not in my backyard but I am an unusually gifted chef.



I do realize that many get a joy out of tearing down people and I am sure the Kelleys know that. It's just that we are finally getting some good choices for eating and I would love to see even more restaurants come to Glasgow. A decision some restaurant owners may not make if they know that it will lead to their children being attacked on local message boards.



Think about that next time you make up lies about a good restaurant and a fine family.

No comments: