Sunday, September 7, 2008

Didn't eat out this weekend

I didn't get a chance to sample any of the local restaurants this weekend. I stayed home and cooked for my family, myself and several of my son's friends.

Friday night they were stuck with an eye roast. I did it in the oven after marinating it for several hours. The eye roast is not one of my favorites but the marinate helped keep it moist with a nice outer crust. Although it really didn't matter. I could of put an old shoe on the table and teenagers will eat it.

Last night I smoked country style ribs on the grill. I seared them with high heat then moved them to the left, turned off that burner, turned the right burner to high and let them cook for about 45 minutes. I then covered then in bbq sauce after taking them from the heat. The ribs came out great.

No comments: