Friday, January 30, 2009

Colton's Steakhouse For Lunch

Yesterday the wife and I went to Colton's Steakhouse for lunch.

It wasn't very busy - probably the weather.

We were seated immediately by a polite man. I would rather be seated by a pretty young woman in jeans but he completed the job satisfactorily. We were seated in the back area that is raised up a couple of steps. Decent seat although the lamps make it annoying to sneak a peek at the TV.

One thing I didn't like about my seat; We are not small people, so I enjoy room but I felt like the table and the booth seating weren't in the same room. There was at least two feet of room between me and the table so I spent lunch sitting on the edge of the seat leaning forward.

The server was over quickly. She took our drink orders, two waters, two coffees. She brought them back and took our order. My wife ordered the Philly Cheese steak, I ordered the lunch size chicken fried steak with white gravy and mashed potatoes. We also tried an order of their new item, hot wings.

The wings, of course, came first. They were good but nothing to get excited about. There were eight to an order and they were served with a dressing to dip them in. We ordered them hot and glad we did because they were comparable to mild at most restaurants. All in all, not bad but not great either.

The server brought us rolls with a side of honey. Their rolls are fantastic.

Then came lunch. My wife's Philly Cheese Steak was good by her report. She ordered it with a side of cheese fries. She said the fries were good but she chose to eat the rolls and barely touched the fries.

My chicken fried steak was hot and tasty. My potatoes - cold. I asked the server if she could have them warmed up. She promptly took the plate and it came back quickly with hot potatoes.
Every one can make a mistake and they fixed it fast and politely.

During lunch the server kept the coffees filled and the waters didn't need filled. She was attentive without hovering.

She offered desert, we didn't have room. She politely made small talk as she cleared the table.

Recap;

Food was good. Slight blip with the cold potatoes but they get points for fixing problem quickly and efficiently. I would order everything again. The wings are as good as any in Glasgow but there is several places in Bowling Green that have better......Logans, Mariah's and Toots come to mind.

The service was excellent. I don't remember the servers name (that's a good thing) but if her boss is reading this - it was Wednesday the 29th, she was a brunette, working the back row of tables in the back section.

So, all in all, best visit to Colton's I have had in awhile. I hope they keep it up.

No comments: