Saturday, July 10, 2010

Glasgow needs doughnuts

Glasgow needs doughnuts!

Walmart donuts are not cutting it. They are usually stale and there is more icing on the plastic than on the pastry. Yes, I know I can get the ones out of the case but those are just as bad and cost twice as much. If I am going to buy a bad doughnut I am not going to pay 65 cents for it.

we also have Sweetheart bakery. They don't count for much because they are not open Sundays. I am all for observing the Sabbath but if you are a doughnut shop you can not have that luxury.

So what are we to do?

You should do what I do and drive to Bowling Green for great doughnuts. I go to a place called Great American Donuts. They are located on 31W. If you take Exit 26 - turn right - then turn right on 31W and you will see the sign in a couple of blocks on your right. If you see Taco Bell, you have gone too far.

Great American American Donuts or GADs as i am told the students of WKU call them are worth the drive. The doughnuts are made fresh right there in the shop. The people are friendly. The assortment is everything you would want in doughnuts.

Do yourself a favor next time you are in Bowling Green and pick up a dozen or more!

No comments: