Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Buckhead Cafe


I have a new favorite restaurant, it's the Buckhead Cafe in Glasgow. No, not Scotland, right here in Kentucky. Yes, that is right, we have a great restaurant right here in town. It's in the new strip mall near where the "old" Lowes was located.

I don't want to say it's the best thing I have ever tasted but their Heath bar coffee drink makes you forget about every other drink. I don't know how long it will last but right now (July 9) they are on special between 2PM and 4 PM for $2.

My favorite food on the menu is the Philly wrap, no wait it's the Paradise Burger, no may be it's one of the panini sandwiches. No, it is definitely the vegetable beef soup. In fact all the soups are good except maybe the one on Sunday - Velvet something. It's probably not bad I am just not a big fan of the pasta cream stuff. I haven't tried the pizza yet but I will.

The service, you ask? Very fast. No servers, you order like fast food then you get a pager and when it's ready (about the time you sit down) they page you and you go up to the counter and get your meal from a very pleasant person. I do wish they would get trays but that's because I have a big family and 6 plates are more than I can carry.

The last time I was there I wanted to thank the managers so I found out (that night) their names were Sharon and Chase. So when you go in if your meal isn't perfect ask then what nights those two work.

The Buckhead is owned by Rick Kelly who also owns the Buckhead in Bowling Green and Mariah's.

Thank you Rick for giving us an alternative to Shoneys and fast food.

No comments: