Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Century Buffet

Monday night about 7:30 we ate at the New Century Buffet. If you are not familiar with this restaurant it is in the Big Lots strip mall and it is a Chinese buffet.

Normally I shy away from buffets after the dinner hour. I find most buffets get a little lazy about keeping fresh food out after the supper rush. This was not true at the New Century. The food was fresh.

I am not a huge fan of Chinese but they offer alternatives. Among the many traditional Chinese dishes were chicken wings, roast beef, pizza and chicken tenders. There was also a couple different styles of shrimp.

I am not an expert on the Chinese dishes so I take a little of most of them and was pleasantly pleased with the taste and quality of the food. Also the roast beef was excellent. I didn't try the pizza. The chicken wings were a little dry. It seemed to be an overcooked problem not freshness.

Overall I liked what I ate and would recommend the food to Chinese food lovers and others. The service was good. The server was attentive and personable.

If you are tired of the traditional Glasgow choices try the New Century Buffet sometime. I don't think you will be disappointed.

No comments: