Saturday, December 13, 2008

Buckhead Cafe Glasgow


How can the Buckhead Cafe in Glasgow have such good food and bad coffee?

The food is always hot the coffee is always cold. The food tastes fresh. The coffee tastes a day old. The food has many choices. The coffee choice is "flavor of the day" and decaf.

You would think, in a place called a "cafe" you could buy a nice hot cup of regular coffee.

I truly believe they make one thermos of caffeinated coffee a day and when it runs out you are subject to the other choices. Not a great way to do it if they want my business.

I love their food, especially the tortilla soup but I also like a good cup of coffee on a cold Winter day. Wouldn't it be nice if you could stroll in and order a nice cup of soup, a sandwich and regular coffee after dark?

Their coffee could be one of the reasons they are not very busy at night. The other reason could be the managers are always sitting - playing on their computer or cell phones - instead of working behind the counter helping their customers.


I have stood in their line watching the blonde female manager play computer games while the girls behind the counter are busy. If she is going to play games, while we wait, she should point her screen away from the door so we think she is doing work.

I am sure they won't take my advice, after all I am only a loyal customer but I hope they do before my favorite restaurant goes broke and I get stuck eating at Shoney's.

No comments: