Sunday, September 28, 2008

McDonalds Friday Night

I normally avoid McDonalds on Friday nights like the flu. It's parking lot is inhabited by thirty year old teenagers looking to capture the youth they fondly remember.

Last Friday was the exception. I was hungry and Wendy's takes too long and Burger King was two traffic lights away, so I ventured into the McDonalds parking lot. I figured drive through was the best bet so I took the outside lane and prepared to wait.

In seconds a voice asked for my order. She repeated and stated the amount and I drove forward. At the window a woman took my debit card and two seconds later returned it and asked me to drive forward. At the final window I knew I was going to have to wait but I was surprised.

My order was ready. It was handed to me and I asked if it was too late to get a receipt. "It's in the bag" she said, pleasantly. Then she thanked me for my business.

Wow! A polite fast food worker!

Since I was starving, I did like we all do, I started eating my fries. The were hot. fresh, and salted correctly. I sipped my ice tea. Cold, completely filled  and a straw was provided. I was liking this!

I arrived home and started in on my Big Mac. It was hot, plenty of lettuce, not too much sauce. It tasted great.

I can truthfully say; Friday night at McDonalds, in Glasgow, is worth the irritating adults behaving childish.

The experience was the best I have had at any fast food restaurant in years.

The drive through was faster than fast. The food was perfect. The service or quality was not spared to obtain speed.

I recommend the McDonalds on 31E in Glasgow, KY without qualification.

It is exactly what all other fast food restaurants are trying to be.

No comments: