Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gondolier Italian Restaurant and Pizza

Gondolier Italian Restaurant and Pizza is our newest eatery. (Eatery? Pretty fancy talk, huh?)

Gondolier's is in the Fergies - Buckhead location. A location not exactly known for it's success. I think Gondolier's will change that fact. It's feature cuisine is Italian but they have a huge menu with many items not Italian including cheeseburgers and chicken wings.

They also have the biggest slices of cake in Glasgow.

I have visited Gondolier Italian Restaurant and Pizza once. I ordered the spaghetti with meat sauce. Mostly because I wanted to gauge this restaurant based on an Italian dish. The meat sauce was good - not great. It was however more than worth the six dollar lunch price. I would order it again.

My wife ordered the pepperoni Stromboli. She loved it and has since ordered it to go for her dinner at work. It was over stuffed with pepperoni, peppers, onions and more than enough cheese. A definite must try item.

We also ordered chicken wings. We ordered the medium hot. Next time I will try a step hotter. They were good but the hot sauce didn't seem to stick to the chicken wings. The sauce that puddled on the platter was tasty but not much of it remained on the wings.

Maybe not drained after frying enough?

We received free bread sticks and they were worth the price but not much more. They weren't warm and and didn't taste fresh.

Keep in mind this was the second day they were open and when they get the opening glitches out I believe this will be one of Glasgow's best places to eat.

Look for my follow up visit.

No comments: